In a Nutshell
The Latymer - Pennyhill Park Hotel’s premier fine dining experience. This exclusive, 50 cover, restaurant enables guests to enjoy the highest quality cuisine complemented by unparalleled service. With one Michelin Star, Chef Steve Smith offers a technically complex, yet engaging menu with classical themes and flavours staying true to themselves. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Demi Chef de Partie to join the Latymer kitchen brigade and help prepare these amazing dishes.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Demi Chef de Partie will be responsible for;
- Assist the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation
- Assist with the day to day running of the section
- Assist with all food preparations as delegated by the senior chefs
- Follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Contribute where possible and assist in the production of suitable innovative menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the hotel
- Ensure the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel
- Continually strive towards achievement and improvement
- Assist on other sections or help with other duties when required
- Delegation of tasks to the Commis Chef
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Demi Chef de Partie will have;
- A true passion for food.
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Ability to work under pressure in a hot environment
- Ambition to succeed, willingness to work hard and and strong desire to learn
- Impart knowledge and share skills with Commis Chefs
- Assist the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.