In a Nutshell
We’re actively seeking an Estates Supervisor (Sports Pitch Specialist) here at Pennyhill Park who will assist the Estate Manager in taking care of our grounds, 123 acres in total and our rugby pitch. Whilst you’ll have a primary focus on the pitch you will also be expected to look after our flower beds including our 10 beehives and our kitchen garden. If you love the great outdoors and have experience of lawn care and sports pitch maintenance this could be just the role for you.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our Estates Supervisor (Sports Pitch Specialist) will be responsible for ....................
- Maintaining the rugby pitch, we’re a training ground for the Rugby Football Union and need to ensure the pitch is compliant with World Rugby regulations
- Assisting with maintaining our 123 acres of lawn, flower beds, kitchen garden and woodland
- Ensuring the driveways, entrance and car parks are immaculate at all times especially during icy conditions and with seasonal changes
- Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of our 10 beehives
- Assisting with projects and innovations to incorporate our B Corp standards
- Assisting with the creation of seasonal gifts from items grown around the estate which can be purchased by guests and visitors
- Maintaining tools and equipment
- Proposing ideas and improvements for the grounds and estate to continue to enhance the guest experience
- Supervision of the Grounds team, four in total
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Out ideal Estates Supervisor (Sports Pitch Specialist) will have:
- Green fingers and a love for the great outdoors!
- Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) level 2 qualification
- PA1 & PA6 qualification in the use of pesticides
- Minimum - level 3 diploma in horticulture or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in lawn care and pitch maintenance
- Tractor & lawn mowing equipment experience
- A confident, warm and welcoming personality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- Great organisational skills
- Supervising a team
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (you’ll need to be able to work some weekends, maybe evenings and the occasional bank holidays)
- Good fitness as this role is physical involving manual handling and being on your feet all day keeping an eye on 123 acres
- A full clean UK driving licence would be beneficial
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.