In a Nutshell
We’re a Collection of fabulous Hotels set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
Reporting to the Spa Fitness Supervisor, as a Fitness Instructor at our Spa at South Lodge, you will exercise prescription, encouragement, support and advice to all guests of the South Lodge Gym in order to assist them in achieving their fitness goals and objectives.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Fitness Instructor will be responsible for:
- Constantly maintain high levels of presentation and ensure fitness areas are kept in a clean, hygienic, safe and well-maintained condition.
- Ensure that all guests and members receive a thorough and professional induction to their classes.
- Assist with cover across the spa operation on a rota basis.
- Ensure all classes and tuition are delivered at a five star standard and charged for through standard company procedures and systems.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are maintained within the fitness areas and all necessary reporting practices are followed in the event of accident, equipment maintenance or failure.
- Ensure efficient use of all laundry facilities.
- Have full awareness of all facilities and equipment available to you to use in the course of your work.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Fitness Instructor will have:
- Industry relevant qualifications to include degree, HND or Advanced GNVQ plus REPS/Active IQ/Other related Level 3 – Personal Trainer Qualification minimum.
- Group Cycle/Spin Qualification/other qualifications isn’t necessary but advantageous
- Knowledge of H&S Fitness related procedures, Risk Assessments.
- Financial acumen - including budgets, forecasting, maximising profit
- Hold a First Aid 4 day at work qualification
- Work with flexibility and enthusiasm for the profession.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.