In a Nutshell
Were a group of fabulous properties set in beautiful countryside and our places are full of great people A great team.
We are actively seeking a skilled Gardener to join our grounds team and assist in the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the hotels gardens and grounds to include the terrace gardens, ponds, and kitchen gardens.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Gardener will be responsible for…
- Maintaining the tractors, chainsaws, lawn mowers, blowers and all garden equipment to ensure they are in perfect working order.
- Cutting and maintain the lawns (feeding etc) to ensure a perfect lawn for our guests.
- General tree maintenance (i.e. feathering/disease) and production of logs for fires.
- Ensuring the grounds are well maintained to meet the guest’s expectations.
- Areas are kept manicured and that the grass is mowed and maintained
- All beds and borders must be kept weed free and planted out with bedding plants
- Responsible for the safe keeping of the drive in winter conditions to ensure safety at all times.
- To assist in the safekeeping and tidiness of all public areas including the drives and footpaths
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Gardener will have…
- Previous experience of gardening with a genuine interest or desire to progress in horticulture
- Ability to work both as part of a team or unsupervised
- Experience of handling gardening machinery and the required certificates of competence
- Attention to detail
- Physical fitness and stamina
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guest. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but well give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We dont want you to hide your personality when youre at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. Youve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then were not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you're happy to help, you have to mean it.