In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a skilled Gardener to join our grounds team and assist in the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the hotels gardens and grounds to include the terrace gardens, lily ponds, waterfall and kitchen gardens.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Gardener will be responsible for…
- Maintaining the tractors, chainsaws, lawn mowers, blowers and all garden equipment to ensure they are in perfect working order.
- Cutting and maintain the lawns (feeding etc) to ensure a perfect lawn for our guests.
- General tree maintenance (i.e. feathering/disease) and production of logs for fires.
- Ensuring the grounds are well maintained to meet the guest’s expectations.
- Areas are kept manicured and that the grass is mowed and maintained
- All beds and borders must be kept weed free and planted out with bedding plants
- Help our onsite Bee keeper grow the amount of hives and increase the stock of honey produced
- Responsible for the safe keeping of the drive in winter conditions to ensure safety at all times.
- To assist in the safekeeping and tidiness of all public areas including the drives and footpaths
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Gardener will have…
- Previous experience of gardening with a genuine interest or desire to progress in horticulture
- Ability to work both as part of a team or unsupervised
- Experience of handling gardening machinery and the required certificates of competence
- Attention to detail
- Physical fitness and stamina
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but well give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We dont want you to hide your personality when youre at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. Youve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then were not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you're happy to help, you have to mean it.