In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Chef here at The Manor House Golf Club in Castle Combe.
Working as part of a team, your main duties will be assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef in the preparation and service of food for our busy Golf Club, ensuring that high standards of efficiency are maintained and that the designated kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Chef will be responsible for;
- Assisting the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Preparing and cooking of breakfasts, snacks & lunches and being part of the team making food for special events (eg. Golf Days and meetings) .
- Ensuring the quality of food prepared in the kitchen is of the highest standards.
- Continually striving towards achievement and improvement.
- Ensuring the Sous Chef and Head Chef is made aware of any relevant feedback from either club members, guests or staff.
- Assisting others in the team when required.
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Golf Club Chef will have;
- Previous kitchen experience ideally gained in a similar environment or pub.
- The enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Good kitchen skills.
- A good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The willingness to work to high standards .
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work under the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A friendly and positive outlook.
- The ability to work without close supervision on occasions.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.