In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Greenkeeper at our championship golf course in Castle Combe. Nestled in 365 acres of Cotswold countryside and designed by Peter Alliss and Clive Clark, you would assist with all aspects of the maintenance of the estate, ensuring the course conditions are maintained and exceeded to meet player demand and the ever changing weather conditions.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Greenkeeper will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Course Manager in undertaking their responsibilities
- Monitoring the condition of the turf and gardens checking for diseases, insects, weeds and other imperfections.
- Recognising the correct mower settings, mower patterns and be able to make adjustments of the cutting height and quality
- Being fully contactable at all times via the department radio
- Ensuring that the fuel supply is maintained at the appropriate levels.
- In the absence of the Course Manager undertaking additional responsibilities; organising and delegating daily tasks as well as weekly and monthly work programmes
- Liaising with the maintenance on all breakdowns and machinery matters
- Ensuring that all pesticides and fertiliser records are updated daily
- Completing tasks to the standard required, training other members of the team to perform to these standards
- Maintaining the estate to the standard required by a 5* establishment, ensuring guest areas are well presented.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Greenkeeper will have;
- At least 3/5 years practical experience
- Qualified to NVQ level 2
- Chainsaw Certificate
- PA1 & PA2 spraying certificate
- Experience with Mower operation
- To be familiar with Irrigation systems, particularly pumphouse operation
- Experience with turf grass machinery
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
The Exclusive Collection is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of The Exclusive Collection Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy is available on request.
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.