Head Chef - Conference and Banqueting
In a Nutshell
A very rare opportunity has arisen for a passionate and creative Head Chef - Banqueting. Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, you will help prepare and cook delicious food for our Conference & Banqueting Outlets.
You will be responsible for overseeing the food and kitchen operations for the Conference & Banqueting department, to include but not limited to, weddings, private dinners, functions, parties, meetings, conferences and events. You will lead and inspire the kitchen and service teams with a culture that delivers an amazing guest experience.
Menu development will be an important part of this role with a thorough understanding and passion for food, flavours and seasonal ingredients. A key eye for local and current food trends will be integral to this role.
If this is the kind of opportunity you are looking for - apply now!
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Liaise with relevant Managers and Chefs daily to confirm and deliver all catering needs.
- Creating and assisting in the production of suitable menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the hotel.
- Ensuring the quality of food and standards of presentation are of the exceptional levels expected when dining at the hotel.
- Evaluate Industry trends and initiate product improvements to ensure we remain competitive and leaders in our market.
- Staff recruitment, appraisals and performance management - inclusive of payroll forms and ATR’s to budgeted levels.
- Assisting the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation
- Working with the Executive Chef, to coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper induction training and ongoing training and development for all.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Follow Hotel procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, occupational health and safety, emergency procedures and all other hotel policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook.
- Manage the communication throughout the kitchen for any business activity, encourage team work and flexibility.
- Managing relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Fully understanding food GP margins and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Executive Chef.
- Housekeeping and general preventative Maintenance of the kitchen ensuring equipment and facilities are in good working order. Structural issues are addressed and Maintenance log maintained.
- Manage stock control and food purchasing in line with hotel requirements
- Working with the Executive Chef, to plan the yearly food revenue and profit targets to meet the required GP%.
- Developing new menus and food items in line with the tastes and dining requirements of the hotel guests and visitors.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience in a similar role in a conference centre or luxury hotel.
- Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector, preferably at a 5* and Rosette standard.
- You should have a true passion for food.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Commercially astute and financially aware.
- Highly organised.
- Proven record as a strong team leader.
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business (5 days out of 7 to include evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
- Commitment and mobility Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. These are the things we are looking for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.