In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Kitchen Porter to work as part of the hotel kitchen team and assist in maintaining outstanding levels of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen areas to include all working areas and food & beverage crockery, utensils and serving equipment.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Kitchen Porter will be responsible for
- Washing all hotel crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils and equipment, food service equipment.
- Ensuring that the following are kept clean and tidy and to a very high standard:
- Floors & Walls.
- Bins – inside and out.
- Crushing and disposal of cardboard and boxes.
- Fridges & Freezers (with assistance of chefs).
- Back yard and delivery areas
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of working areas
- To be aware of and to adhere to all health and safety, fire, hygiene and COSHH regulations governing the work you are undertaking and to ensure the correct chemicals/detergents are used at all times.
- Report all accidents (and near misses) to the senior Chef.
- Report any sightings of pests to the senior chef immediately.
- To report any shortages in equipment or chemicals to the Back of House Supervisor.
- To carry out any other reasonable request of the hotel’s management.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy objects is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and in hot environments
- Attention to detail and high standards of cleanliness
- Flexibility on working hours
- Can-do attitude
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.