Night Manager (Maternity Cover)
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Night Manager (Maternity Cover) to manage the Night Team, overseeing the hotel operation during the night time hours. You will ensure hotel services are available for all guests during these hours as well as overseeing the safety and security of the building including emergency evacuation if necessary.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our Night Manager will be responsible for;
- Overall operation of the hotel during the night time hours
- Attending to guests' needs and requirements including check in and check out procedures
- Maintain presentation of key front of house areas to include some cleaning duties
- Deliver room service requests to guest rooms when required
- Handle telephone enquiries including basic hotel reservations
- Coordinate all emergency procedures in the event of any incident in and around the hotel premises and grounds including fire and other serious incidents
- Undertake night audit procedures
- Responsible for the security and integrity of property and guests whilst on duty, whilst adhering to company policy and legislation
- Manage and delegate tasks to members of the Night Porter team ensuring that all duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner
- Training and coaching of the Night Porter and Supervisor are carried out in a timely manner as well as regular catch up and reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Night Manager will have;
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous experience in a similar hospitality operation and specially working at night
- A responsible and detailed led approach to tasks
- Ability to work alone
- To have a great personality and be genuine, approachable and attentive
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer literacy including experience of hotel PMS
- Ability to remain calm whilst under extreme pressure or in emergency situations
- Experience of supervising the work of others
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.