Pastry Sous Chef
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous places set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeing a Pastry Sous Chef who will have knowledge of all aspects of patisserie. You will have responsibility for creating new ideas for the dessert menu and be involved in the training of the junior pastry chefs in the team.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Pastry Sous Chef will …
- Help ensure the smooth running of the Pastry Section, and develop the team to the required level.
- Implement a sound stock control and product cost system.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement with Head Pastry Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Assist the Head Pastry Chef/ Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Pastry Sous Chef will have…
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a luxury hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A high level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across the Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across the Exclusive Collection
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.