In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Reservations Co-ordinator who will at all times project a favourable image of South Lodge to the public. Keeps immediate supervisor/manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure prompt and professional replies to all e-mails and phone calls.
- Taking enquiries and inputting reservations into the system.
- Anticipate guests’ needs where possible to enhance the quality of service and positively promote sales to maximise revenue.
- Operate and maintain the trace systems for reservations and ensure daily checks are completed.
- Refer any business that the hotel is unable to accommodate to the sister properties
- Generate and assist in up selling hotel services and facilities in addition to bedroom sales.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Pass on all relevant leads to the Sales Team to drive group business.
- Assist the Reservations Supervisor and Revenue and Sales Manager in any other areas as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
The ideal candidate will have;
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A professional and friendly telephone manner.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent team working skills.
- A high standard of PC skills.
- Confidence in working to their own initiative.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.