Restaurant Manager - Botanica (Spa)
In a Nutshell
In this job you will always be busy looking after the team and our guests so this role will require stamina, energy and enthusiasm in spades. We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of something special at BOTANICA. Our perfect candidate will be someone who has a passion for Food and Beverage and who knows how to communicate this to the team.
Your organisation skills will be put to good use managing a team of 10, being responsible operationally for the restaurant, bar and seasonal poolside dining at the Watershed, all within the Spa. Our beautiful location and fabulous grounds set in the Sussex countryside provide a wonderful environment to work in. We offer our members and guests the best possible experience whether working out in the gym, enjoying the poolside service or relaxing in the restaurant after a treatment.
Our friendly and hospitable team will deliver a welcoming and luxurious service, ensuring our members and guests have everything they need to make their time with us memorable.
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Lead from the front by running and overseeing the restaurant and organising private events remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation.
- Managing the food and beverage operations, develop the team, prepare rotas, manage performance, recruitment & selection and payroll.
- Managing the facilities and products to include stock control and asset management.
- Managing cost of sales to ensure department profit is achieved.
- Check revenue daily to ensure that all charges are correct.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly checklists to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Participate in HOD meetings & run team meetings
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Lots of energy, drive and stamina to lead and motivate the team!
- Ability to manage a multi faceted food and beverage operation
- Strong F&B background within the hotel or spa environment.
- An appreciation of and in depth knowledge of food and beverages.
- Confident communicator – important for guests, team members and dealing with other departments.
- Commercially astute and financially aware to make the right decisions.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our members. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across the Exclusive Collection
• Discounts on food and beverage across the Exclusive Collection
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any organisation we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Where are we?
The Resort is in Lower Beeding, post code RH13 6PS