In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking permanent part time Hospitality Assistants to work in our luxury hotel South Lodge Hotel.. This is a 8 hour a week minimum part time contract to work across multiple operational departments within the Hotel. This position will include working in the Room Division (Guest Services and Housekeeping) and Food and Beverage (Restaurants, Bars and Conference and Banqueting).Each shift will be slightly different and it is expected that you are flexible and fluid in your approach to departments you work in.
Lots to do but lots of fun
A Hospitality Assistant will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating a passion for service and a friendly happy outlook
- Supporting the businesses operational outlets in delivering the highest levels of service to our guests, visitors and members
- Being a people person and making a contribution to team as you work toward common goals
- Work effectively in different departments as part of the wider Resort team
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A passion for the hospitality industry
- Good food and beverage knowledge
- Someone full of energy with the desire to work around guests
- Have a creative mind with a passion and respect for the provenance of food
- A hard worker who works well with others in working towards common goals
- The ability to work under pressure and to multi task
- Possess a strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Relish the pressure of a busy working environment
- Flexibility to work hours as required by the departments
- Own transportation to work
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.