Junior Head Waiter
As Junior Head Waiter you will always be busy looking after the team and our guests so this role will require stamina, energy and enthusiasm in spades. We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of something special in our award winning Avenue Restaurant. Our perfect candidate will be someone who has a passion for Food and Beverage and who knows all about great customer service and how to supervise a team.
Our friendly and hospitable team will deliver a welcoming and luxurious service, ensuring our guests have everything they need to make their time with us memorable. Your role is to help nurture the team and to play a key role in helping in the smooth running of the Restaurant.
- Ensure a truly warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors dining in the Restaurant.
- To ensure that our guests’ expectations are exceeded at all times within Avenue Restaurant and in all other areas of F&B Division.
- To be fully conversant with all menus and learn the correct presentation, garnish and the correct accompaniments for all dishes served.
- To help with the management of the restaurant team on delivering exceptional standards in the restaurant at all times by assisting the Restaurant Manager.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager and his management team in communicating relevant information within the department and with all other necessary teams.
- Assist in running all restaurant shifts, ensuring all staff adhere to the standards of service at all times. Lead breakfast shift when deputising breakfast supervisor making sure that service standards are met and moreover making sure that the room service section is well covered.
- Attend to guest’s requests and comments regarding food and beverage. Deal with and record complaints from guests and all other significant activities in the shift report (briefing sheet) and inform Restaurant Manager or Duty Manager.
- Monitor that the checklist and procedures are carried out on a regular basis.
- Ensure that a briefing is completed at the beginning of every shift at the time agreed when deputising for the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure that on closing the Restaurant the checklist is followed covering all security points.
- To ensure that daily function sheets relevant to the department are available when on duty on the shift and that they are communicated amongst the team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have outstanding customer service skills.
- Be highly organised.
- Proven record as a strong team leader.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong knowledge of food, wines and cheeses.
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service.
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a 5* establishment.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience.
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
• Competitive salary
• Incentive Plan
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.