In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous places set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Kitchen Porter for the Spa at South Lodge Hotel. You will be a crucial part of the kitchen to help the kitchen run successfully. You will have an excellent work ethic and a can do attitude - we will teach you the rest!
Lots to do but lots of fun
Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is spic and span. You will:
- Work in the Back of House area of the kitchen ensuring the area is kept clean & tidy at all times.
- Support the chefs as and when required.
- Be aware of and to adhere to all health and safety, fire, hygiene and COSHH regulations governing the work you are undertaking and to ensure the correct chemicals/detergents are used at all times.
- Limit the number of breakages and ensure that any breakages are notified to the Head Chef Spa.
- Ensure that you work timely in the fast paced environment, ensuring that there is always enough crockery and equipment for the chef’s to ensure the smooth running of the food service
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Have previous experience in a similar role would be preferential but not essential
- Understand the importance of a clean kitchen, and how it impacts the overall service within Food & Beverage
- Have passion for the hospitality industry and for exceeding guest expectations
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good command of English and has excellent communication skills
- Be highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across the Exclusive Collection
• Discounts on food and beverage across the Exclusive Collection
Where are we?
The Hotel is in Lower Beeding, Nr Horsham RH13 6PS
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.