Spa Restaurant Manager
In a Nutshell
In this job you will always be busy looking after the team and our guests so this role will require stamina, energy and enthusiasm in spades. We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of something special at our Spa Restaurant THEMIS and the Pool View Bar. Our perfect candidate will be someone who has a passion for Food and Beverage and who knows how to communicate this to the team.
Your organisation skills will be put to good use managing a team of 11, being responsible operationally for the restaurant and the bar in the Spa. Our beautiful location and fabulous grounds set in the Surrey countryside provide a wonderful environment to work in. We offer our guests the best possible experience whether working out in the gym, enjoying the poolside service or relaxing in the restaurant after a treatment.
Our friendly and hospitable team will deliver a welcoming and luxurious service, ensuring our guests have everything they need to make their time with us memorable. Your role is to nurture the team and to run this busy operation successfully.
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Lead from the front by running and overseeing the restaurant and organising private events remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation.
- Managing the food and beverage operations, develop the team, prepare rotas, manage performance, recruitment & selection and payroll.
- Managing the facilities and products to include stock control and asset management.
- Managing cost of sales to ensure department profit is achieved.
- Check revenue daily to ensure that all charges are correct.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly checklists to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Participate in HOD meetings & run team meetings
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
The perfect candidate will have..
- Lots of energy, drive and stamina to lead and motivate the team!
- Ability to manage a Restaurant and Bar.
- Strong F&B background within the hotel or spa environment.
- An appreciation of and in depth knowledge of food and beverages.
- Confident communicator – important for guests, team members and dealing with other departments.
- Commercially astute and financially aware to make the right decisions.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.