In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous places set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Commis Chef to work within our Pastry Kitchen. Working as part of a brigade, your main duties will be to assist the team in the preparation and service of all pastry, dessert and bread items ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and ensuring that the designated Kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Hotel.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Commis Chef - Pastry will be responsible for…
- Assisting the Chef de Partie in the preparation of desserts, breads, pastries items for the hotel.
- Assist with the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operations, through food services and functions throughout the day.
- Having an understanding of specified food margins, and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with Chef de Partie.
- Understanding of all relevant law and legislation, with regards to food handling, storage, hygiene and health and safety etc.
- Assist with all food preparations as delegated by the senior chefs
- To follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Contributing where possible and assisting in the production of suitable innovative menu designs, for the relevant function and food services at the Hotel.
- Assisting the Head Chef in monitoring and controlling the quality of commodities used throughout food production.
- Being flexible and accommodating in the provision of catering requirements for hotel guests.
- Ensuring the Head Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the guests or the hotel staff.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Pastry Commis Chef will have;
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Basic kitchen & knife skills
- Have a good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz – our discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Bike to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.