In a Nutshell
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional experiences to our guests, as such we are looking for a Food and Beverage Assistant here at Pennyhill Park who is passionate about providing wow experiences through service and the delivery of food and drink. This fantastic opportunity will open your career to the world of outstanding Food and Beverage Service.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Food and Beverage Assistant will be responsible for…
- Ensuring the highest level of service is delivered to all guests and visitors
- Proactively welcoming and greeting all guests and visitors to the Restaurant and the Hotel
- To assist in the set up if the restaurant before service, ensuring all required items are stocked and ready
- To seat guests offering them menus, drinks and providing explanations of the menu when required
- To deal efficiently and courteously with all guest queries
- Deliver a full table service during the time the guest is present
- Ensuring the restaurant environment is always maintained and cleaned to a high standard both during and after service
- Delivering consistent, exceptional service in line with the luxury standards
- Knowing the restaurant menus thoroughly to be able to offer guidance and make recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Food and Beverage Assistant will have;
- A professional and proactive approach to guest service
- Previous experience from a similar luxury environment
- The ability to work under pressure and to multi task
- Good food and beverage knowledge
- Have a passion for all things food and beverage
- Possess a strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Have a creative mind with a passion and respect for the provenance of food
- Relish the pressure of a busy restaurant environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.