In a Nutshell
A very rare opportunity has arisen for a Head Housekeeper to oversee the bedrooms, public area cleaning and all housekeeping admin for Lainston House Hotel in Sparsholt. Your primary role is to manage, train and work alongside your team to ensure all hotel rooms are sparklingly clean and in tip-top condition. This is a very hands on role, so as well as overseeing the operation of your department, you will also be expected to roll up your sleeves and help your team in busy periods to clean the rooms so they are ready for our guests arrival.
This is a permanent full time role based on a 5 out of 7 shift pattern which includes weekends and Bank Holidays.
Lots to do but lots of fun
As the Head Housekeeper , you will be responsible for…
- Ensuring guest bedrooms are cleaned and checked ready for check-in time
- Ensuring our guests are well looked after at all times and that any requests/comments made are acted upon immediately to the satisfaction of the guest
- Organising the day to day operations to ensure the efficient functioning of the Housekeeping Department
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Financial Controller, planning and controlling the budget and expenditure for the year to maintain the department
- Ensuring all staff attend all training sessions and that e-learning is completed
- Ensuring rotas are completed and that each shift is covered appropriately at all times
- Ensuring that all Housekeeping staff are fully trained
- Interviewing and selecting all Housekeeping staff
- Holding a department meeting once a month to ensure that regular communication of hotel information is passed on to the staff
- Conducting reviews and yearly performance appraisals with the relevant Supervisors and staff
- Working directly with the Maintenance Department for the upkeep of bedrooms with regards to decoration and maintenance
- Liaising with suppliers, making sure we have the right equipment for doing the job
- Stock control and managing stock takes
- Conducting Duty management shifts
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Head Housekeeper will have…
- Have previous experience as a Deputy/Assistant Housekeeping Manager role or Housekeeping Manager role
- Possess excellent people management skills
- Be able to effectively delegate
- Be able to demonstrate strong financial understanding
- Think strategically
- Display strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate a passion for Guests
- Be able to inspire, influence and motivate others
- Take pride in achieving results and celebrating success
- Be able to multi task
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.