In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a new Sous Chef to help prepare and cook delicious food for our Camellia restaurant.
Alongside the Head Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing the food and kitchen operations for the Camellia and will lead and inspire the kitchen and service teams with a culture that delivers an amazing guest experience.
Menu development will be an important part of this role with a thorough understanding and passion for food and flavours. A key eye for local and current food trends will be integral to this role.
If this is the kind of opportunity you are looking for - apply now!
Lots to do but lots of fun
- In the absence of the Head Chef you will lead and inspire the kitchen and service teams to deliver amazing guest experiences
- Create original and great tasting seasonal food menus
- Motivate the kitchen team to deliver a consistently high standard of food preparation and cooking
- Hold regular inspirational product and skill focussed training sessions for the kitchen and service teams
- Ensure the kitchens are compliant with Health & Safety regulations and to manage and uphold regular cleaning and kitchen maintenance schedules
- Work closely with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef, marketing and events teams for the effective food operation throughout service and for all events at the bars and restaurants
- Ensure that systems for stock management are adhered to and that stock levels are maintained in all kitchens with stock rotation taking place
- Implement and maintain food wastage control within all kitchens
- Promote the concept of the restaurant with passion and enthusiasm to all of the team.
- Have a sound working understanding of all costs and charges relating to food operations and ensuring food cost of sales and GP margins are maintained at budgeted levels
- Control the operational excellence of a busy and demanding kitchen, ensuring the Standard Operating Procedures for the kitchens are fully understood and followed at all times.
- Help with all ordering, stock controls and standards of procedures
- Participate fully as a team member within the F&B Department
- Attend daily meetings promptly as required and to attend weekly F&B meetings.
- Be responsible for ensuring all kitchen equipment and machinery is in working order and all repairs are reported and monitored
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager/ Exec Chef in monthly department meetings
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sous Chef will have;
- A proven, successful background from within a similar luxury hospitality environment, at least 2AA Rosettes
- Experience in supervising junior chefs
- A true passion for food
- Ability to lead a team
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to improve standards and implemented new ideas
- Initiative and creativity
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.