In a Nutshell
Are you interested in sport and leisure, great with people and have good business acumen? Work is almost complete on our new luxury Spa at South Lodge Hotel in Horsham. This fabulous space with fantastic views over the South Downs will have extensive treatment rooms and relaxation areas, a nail bar, and barber shop as well as a restaurant. The outstanding facilities that you could be managing include state-of-the-art gym and spin studio, holistic studio and indoor and outdoor pools. We are now actively seeking a Fitness Manager to help set up, pre-open and run this amazing Gym and Fitness facility.
Reporting to the Spa Operations Manager you will be working as part of the Spa Management Team. This hands on role as Fitness Manager will allow you to build a strong team as well as the gym membership, providing a great mix of personal training and classes. As an experienced Fitness Manager with a proven track record for success you are passionate about delivering professional, efficient and exceptional guest service ensuring that our guests have a great time and the team enjoy their work. You will be responsible for managing the administration and organisation of the Spa Fitness offering and ensuring the area operates seamlessly on a day to day basis.
If you see yourself managing a team and making sure people meet their goals one workout at a time, then this role could be for you.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The successful Fitness Manager will be responsible for...
- Working closely with the HR & Recruitment team to ensure the recruitment process is timely and efficient including team set up and ongoing management (permanent, part time and freelancers).
- Being one step ahead of current fitness trends by leading regular inspirational training sessions with the team to ensure there are exciting offerings for our clients (exercise classes, PT sessions, health assessments, gym inductions etc).
- Champion guests services ensuring all our clients enjoy their experience (running client bookings, delivery of classes, up skilling of the fitness team, resolving all issues and queries).
- Facilitating effective communication between all departments within Spa and the Hotel.
- Managing budgets to ensure maximisation of profit and utilisation of all fitness areas by capturing all revenue generating opportunities.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the spa fitness operation on a day to day basis by developing strong relationships with current suppliers and providers.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Industry relevant qualifications to include degree, HND or Advanced GNVQ plus REPS/Active IQ/Other related Level 3 – Personal Trainer Qualification minimum.
- Group Cycle/Spin Qualification/other qualifications aren’t essential but advantageous.
- Ability to co ordinate/schedule the busy Studio class timetable.
- Knowledge of H&S Fitness related procedures, Risk Assessments.
- A minimum of 2 years in a Supervisory role, and 3 years in Spa and Leisure industry.
- Financial acumen - including budgets, forecasting, maximising profit.
- Work with flexibility and enthusiasm for the profession.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Where are we?
The Hotel is in Lower Beeding, Nr Horsham Post code RH13 6PS.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues