In a Nutshell
A very rare opportunity has arise for a Golf Experience Assistant at The Manor House Golf Club in Castle Combe. Striving to be a part of and produce an exceptional golf experience, you will deliver incredible service in a professional and timely manner to all our members and guests. You will be part of a motivated team of individuals with personality and flair to establish a great relationship with members and corporate clients. A key focus of yours must be on achieving the golf club budgeted targets for membership, green fees, buggy, retail and confectionary sales.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Keep the range topped up of pyramids and presentable at all times. Ball collections will be required as and when required.
- Ensure the buggies are clean, sanitised and tidy before they are hired out.
- Monitor the GPS buggy system to track pace of play and act on any occasion where there is a hold up on the course.
- Administrate golf competitions set out in the calendar of events and support the Golf Experiences Manager with the major events at the club.
- Keep the shop clean, tidy and stocked up at all times.
- Assist the GEM with stocktake and ordering of high turnover stock.
- Keep the halfway house clean, tidy and stocked at all times
- Meeting and greeting guests to ensure they receive a warm welcome, and are provided with all the relevant information they need for their golf experience.
- To manage members and guests arriving for tee times in an efficient and courteous manner
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Golf Experience Assistant will have:
- A good level of golf knowledge
- Previous experience working within a golf club
- A smiley character, full of energy, not afraid to start the conversation
- Confident communicator
- Anticipate guests needs where possible to enhance the quality of service and positively promote sales to maximise revenue.
- Good knowledge of HART tee sheet and members profile section.
- Outstanding guest care focus with an open and service orientated approach
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
The Exclusive Collection is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of The Exclusive Collection Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy is available on request.
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.